Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells

Lately I've been craving those spinach and cheese stuffed pasta shells. I've never used a recipe and usually make my own sauce to go with these but today I'm lazy. So any Classico sauce will do, I'm using the 4 cheese one. If I buy store bought sauce Classico is by far my favourite.
These are all rough estimates including the time it takes to cook.

Pasta Shells stuffed with Cheeses

Large Shell Pasta
1 475g container of Ricotta cheese
1 ball of Mozzarella cheese, grated (approx. 4 1/2 cups)
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 onion, finely chopped
1 pkg, frozen spinach
optional: sun-dried tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
Tomato Sauce

In large stock pot boil water for pasta. Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Set aside in cool water.

In frying pan saute onion, add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and cook.

In Large bowl combine ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and. Once cooked ingredients have cooled to room temperature add to the cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into pasta shells. Spread a layer of tomato sauce in a baking dish. Place stuffed pasta shells in dish. Spread sauce over top of shells (don't drench them). Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.

Other options are skipping the spinach and sundried tomatoes, a bit of garlic, basil and oregano and its still pretty yummy. Embellish and enjoy!




Comments