Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing




Who doesn't love a good Carrot Cake Recipe
I'm not exactly sure of the origin of this recipe but my mother has used this recipe for years and once people have tried it they've loved it. I have not had one bad review. People have tried their different variations. The last time I made this recipe I cut the sugar down to 1 1/2 cups instead of 2 Cups as well as replaced the 1 1/2 cups of oil with 1 1/2 cups of applesauce. The cake turned out fabulously of course. It was a little denser than the original but was less greasy.

(I read once that if you wanted to make a healthier version of a recipe to replace the oil with equal parts applesauce. Don't know where but I swear it works!)

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

2 Cups Cake Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
2 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Cups Drained, Crushed Pineapple
1 1/2 Cups Oil
4 Eggs
2 Cups Grated Carrots
1 Cup Chopped Nuts

Sift dry ingredients together.

Add Sugar, oil, eggs; Beat hard by hand 1 minute. Add Carrots, pine-apple, nuts; Beat well; Grease pans and line with brown paper / parchment paper. Bake 350 for 1 hour.

Cream Cheese Icing

1 4oz Package Pine-apple Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Cups Icing Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Beat til light and fluffy

Comments

Bonnie said…
Just made this again. darn I hate our old oven! Too hot so you turn it down or burn it but then it makes it tough! its ruining my baking!
Bonnie said…
Just made this again. darn I hate our old oven! Too hot so you turn it down or burn it but then it makes it tough! its ruining my baking!