Chocolate Banana Brownies

Okay people I just have to say this........

"THESE BROWNIES ROCK!!"

...... not that I'm bragging but they really really do!!

Chocolate Banana Brownies

1 Cup of butter
2 Cups of Demerara Sugar ( I have used brown sugar and white sugar instead)
4 Eggs
1 Cup + 3 Tbsp of cocoa powder
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp of flour
3 ripe banana's mashed
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup chopped pecans

*Now the last 3 ingredients are optional and you can make the brownies without them but you'd definitely be missing out on something special*



Preheat oven to 350`
Lightly grease a cookie sheet and line with a sheet of parchment paper and place off to the side.

Cream the butter and sugar together til light and fluffy.

Add the eggs and mix well. Add mashed banana's and vanilla.

Sift the cocoa powder and flour together and at a little at a time to the butter, sugar, egg and banana mixture.

Fold in the pecans.

Pour into cookie sheet.

Bake @ 350` for approximately 30 minutes. Do not overcook or they will become dry. The brownie should have a thin crust on top but feels soft to the touch.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for atleast 3 - 4 hours before removing from the pan.

A simple yet effective icing for your brownies (if needed). These brownies are pretty rich and can hold their own without an icing but if you have to indulge............

1/4 cup of 25% Cream (I used Nestle's Carnation Thick Cream)
1 Cup of chocolate chips (can be substituted with dark chocolate, milk chocolate etc...)

Heat cream in microwave for 1 - 2 minutes. Add in chocolate chips and stir til melted. Spread over brownies and let set.


Comments

Anonymous said…
What is 35% cream? I haven't heard of it.
Bonnie said…
Oops sorry that's meant to say 25% cream. I used Nestle's Carnation Thick Cream. You can find it in your grocery store where they keep the carnation milk and evaporated milk.